In the course of our work it is necessary for Optuitions to record information on individuals in order to be able to provide ongoing services including educational support and financial accounting. At all times we endeavour to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation and as part of this Optuitions retains registration as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner. In processing personal data we intend to comply with the following principles of good practice – all data that Optuitions records will be:
- fairly and lawfully processed;
- processed for limited purposes;
- adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- not kept longer than necessary;
- processed in accordance with the data subject’s rights;
- not transferred to countries without adequate protection.
Personal data covers both facts and opinions about you as an individual. It also includes information regarding our intentions towards you as an individual. Optuitions only collects personal data so far as your:
- Telephone number
- Professional Registration Number e.g. GOC or GMC number
- Exam mark sheets and transcripts
- IP address for participation in webinars and online quizzes
Further personal data might be collected, such as date of birth, if you register an account on the Optuitions website; this data will be deleted from our systems within 6 months of initial collection, unless expressly specified by you, the user, for ongoing access to the site and content.
The data collected by Optuitions is largely for the purposes of company accounting and tax submissions and are not held for longer than required under HMRC rules.
As a service user (client), you have Right of Access under the General Data Protection Regulation which means that you as an individual can see the information that is held about you on our systems (e.g. computer database). You can see this information either by requesting a paper copy of your records or through reading the information within the practice. If you request to access to your information, Optuitions will provide you with the following within 30 days:
- A copy of the information we hold about you
- A description of why this information is processed
- Anyone else to whom your information might be seen by or passed to; and
- The logic involved in any automated decisions.
Click here for the full General Data Protection Regulation