Optuitions is proud to offer an online refraction course, targeted primarily to the refraction certificate examination of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists. The course comprises a mixture of text-based videos and videos to demonstrate practical application of objective and subjective refraction. Together, the videos will teach you how to perform:
- subjective refraction including cylinder refinement, sphere refinement, and binocular balance
- retinoscopy (cycloplegic and non-cycloplegic)
- lens neutralisation with and without a focimeter
The course is station-orientated, helping you to familiarise and prepare for the actual stations that you will encounter in the exam. The videos are full of practical tips and guidance, to help you achieve accuracy and success within the time limits of each station!
The course forms an integral part of the 1-to-1 refraction certificate blended learning course that we offer, whilst it can also be purchased as smaller packages, each covering specific stations. If, for example, you are sitting the refraction examinations in Ireland or Scotland, where the emphasis is on retinoscopy and subjective refraction, you may wish to purchase the elements that are relevant to that exam only.
– Cylinder refinement (practical video with accompanying text-based video)
– Retinoscopy: non-cycloplegic and cycloplegic retinoscopy (text-based video with animations)
– Sphere refinement (practical video with accompanying text-based video)
– Binocular balance including duochrome, +1.00D blur test and Humphriss method (practical videos with accompanying text-based video)
– Lens neutralisation – manual focimetry (text-based video)
– Lens neutralisation without a focimeter (practical video with accompanying text-based video)
For online-only course purchases, prices start at just £95.00 per week for a single package, with a 10% discount applied if two packages are purchased, and a 20% discount applied if all three packages are purchased. For the 1-to-1 refraction certificate blended learning course, the price includes all online video packages.
All online courses are available for a time-limited period through our website. The content is fully accessible through computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones, including compatibility with Windows, Android and iOS (Apple) operating systems.
Your access to the course materials is subject to registration of an account on our website, payment of the course fee(s), agreement to our User Service Agreement, which is available upon request, and granting of access keys to the content thereafter.
If you have any queries or would like to purchase an online course, please contact us!
For a snippet of what’s on offer, why not watch the short promotional video below:
Music: “Bathed in Fine Dust” by Andy G. Cohen
Released & modified (extended by repetition) under a Creative Commons Attribution International 4.0 License; click here for more info: (CC-BY)
Sourced from freemusicarchive.org